Admissions for training at CSIO for the Summer 2019 Session is Open
Instruction for ME/MTech/MSc/MS/BE/BTech Students Desirous of Completing Dissertation Work/Training at CSIO
CSIR-CSIO accepts students desirous of full-time, continuous, on-site training studying:
- ME/ MTech Final Year, 6 months to 1 year training duration
- MSc/ MS Final Year, 6 months to 1 year training duration
BE/ BTech Final Year, 6 months training duration
- BE/BTech 2nd/ 3rd Year, Short-Term Training, 6 to 8 weeks training duration
Students may apply on-line from this website from March 15, 2019. Admissions for training upto 6 months close on April 30, 2019. Admissions are open round the year for projects/ dissertations for periods exceeding 6 months.
Eligibility, Essential Qualifications and Conditions of Training
- ME/ MTech Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration: Students who are studying for their MTech/ME degrees since 2017 are eligible to apply.
- MSc/ MS Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration: Students who are studying for their MSc degrees since 2017 are eligible to apply.
- BE/ BTech Final Year Students, 6 months training duration: Students who are studying for their BTech/BE degrees since 2016 are eligible to apply.
- Students must be pursuing their BTech/ BE/ MSc/ MS/ MTech/ ME degrees from a University recognized by the UGC/ an Institute of National Importance/ Centrally Funded Technical Institution.
- The training must be completed in one stretch and is full time and on-site. CSIO has a five day week, and lab timings are from 9 am to 5.30 pm. Students are expected to report on time and may not leave the lab before closing time. No leave of absence will be permitted, particularly for MTech trainees. No extension in training period will be entertained.
- CSIO has a flexible selection procedure for each session, based primarily on the requirement from our scientists and the applicants.
- Preference will be given to students from Institutes of National Importance and Centrally Funded Technical Institutions.
- A one time, non-refundable application cost of ₹500 will be charged at the time of applying on-line.
- ME/ MTech/ MSc/ MS Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration and BE/ BTech Final Year Students, 6 months training duration: A one-time, non-refundable training cost to cover the cost of training and overheads of ₹10,000 will be payable by the trainee at the time of joining at CSIO.
- BE/ BTech 2nd/ 3rd Year Students, Summer Training, 6 to 8 weeks training duration: A one-time, non-refundable training cost of ₹5,000 will be payable by the trainee at the time of joining at CSIO.
Limited, paid hostel accommodation on sharing basis within the campus is available on a “First Come First Serve” basis to students training with CSIO for a minimum of six months. Detailed information regarding hostel may be obtained from the hostel warden at the time of admission. Due to paucity of hostel accommodation, it is not possible to provide hostels to all trainees enrolled for training in CSIO.
Training cost, Rules & Regulations are subject to change, from time to time, by the competent authority, without assigning any reason. Decision of the competent authority will be final in case of any discrepancy.
- Students wishing to train with CSIO for a period of 6 months or more will need to bring a signed and stamped printout of an IPR disclaimer. Click here to download the form.
- Students are advised to thoroughly peruse our website, particularly the "Research'' and "Achievements" menu options to get an idea of the ongoing research projects at the lab so that they can specify a division they wish to join at the time of applying. These pages include recent publications of researchers.
- Original and photocopy of both sides of college Id Card
- Original and photocopy of only ONE marksheet, the last available Semester Marksheet. For example, a student wishing to intern in the seventh semester must bring the sixth semester marksheet. In case only a printout from the University website is possible, the printout must be signed and stamped by the college authorities.
Please click here to fill up the form and pay at the SBI Collect portal. Choose Chandigarh, Educational Institutions, CSIO, CSIO Trainee Application Cost in the three screens that follow.
Kindly note that the software rejects commas, periods, dashes and other special characters by giving an error message. In case your University is not listed, choose "Other U" and enter the name of your University in the remarks field. MCA Students are welcome to apply. Enter the name of the course(MCA) in the remarks field after choosing Others in the "Course you are studying *" field.
In case of further clarifications contact:
- Ms Kavita Singh - Coordinator, Trainee and Apprenticeship Cell at kavita.singh[at]csio[dot]res[dot]in or on 0172 2672463
- Mr Hishwinder Singh, Technical Officer and Member, Trainee and Apprenticeship Cell at hishwinder[at]csio[dot]res[dot]in or on 0172-2657264
- Mr Narinder Singh, Vice Principal, ISTC and Member, Trainee and Apprenticeship Cell at nsjassal[at]csio[dot]res[dot]in or on 0172- 2657264